Thursday, December 1, 2011

Overdue Pictures and Thanksgiving!

I'm taking the day off today. I rarely do this, but it sure feels good. A day off for me means sweats and DVR. I still change diapers, wipe bo-bos, prepare and serve meals, help get toys out of reach, etc. I just spend all the time in between laying on the couch. It's a treat!

I enjoy having a day at home with just me and my kids. I know it sounds crazy, but Luke sleeps better at night when he gets good one-on-one time with me during the day. He's never been a good sleeper, but when he gets in a slump of not sleeping good, I can usually look back and realize I've been too busy. People might think, "Uhh, you stay at home. What do you mean, too busy for your kids?" I think this house takes lots of maintenance because we ARE here so much. Between a new baby and house chores, I think Luke misses out on some of the TLC he requires sometimes.

I realized I haven't uploaded pictures from my camera in a while...

Landry's first sponge bath after we came home.


Landry meeting cousins Miley and Emma!


Luke was pretty skiddish of her in the beginning.


Landry meeting the Abneys.


Ben and Londyn... Our last summer family get together!


Kakee always has her hands full... Luke and Londyn.


Mimi and Landry


We've had our first broken bone! Luke broke his collarbone somehow. We can't even really recall how it happened. He was fine one night, and the next morning, he cried to be picked up, put in his car seat, etc. We were thinking it was just lymph nodes from the cold we've all been passing around, but we got home after Thanksgiving from Kerrville and noticed the knot on his shoulder. A trip to the ER and X-rays confirmed the break. He's been a trooper though. It was a clean break - didn't need set or anything. They expect it to be healed in 3-4 weeks.

For Thanksgiving, we spent Wednesday evening with Heath's family and Thursday with my family. Afterwards, we took the camper and met up with Heath's parents at Kerrville to visit his Daddy Don. We planned on going to Sea World, but we all got sick, so we're saving that for next time. We are lucky to have both sides of our immediate family in town. Holidays for us are pretty easy going.

Luke loves driving his tractor at Guggy and Kakee's.


Londyn - She's 8 1/2 months and a sassy mess!


Landry's first Thanksgiving - almost 3 months!


Courtney and Aunt Cindy with Landry.




The boys wanted to be in this picture too! :)


Emma, Miley, Jaxon, Keeton, Dustin and Steph


The oldest and youngest grandchildren, Keeton and Landry.


Cousins - Missing Norah Rose!


Best buds - Jaxon and Luke


The Rose Fam


Heath and I with our tired babies!


Papa and Mimi


Daddy Don and Judy at Pappadeaux in San Antonio.


4 Generations around 1 toy :)


Heath's new hobby - RC cars. This could save our marriage during the slow months of farming. Ha! :)


Luke got a balloon bouquet from his Stanley friends for his big boo-boo!


No comments:

Post a Comment