Friday, March 4, 2011

A Candid Post

Just setting my fingers on this keyboard gives me some sort of relief, but I warn you that this might be terribly honest. I feel like some sarcasm could get poured onto the keyboard.... like on the Garth Brooks - Red Strokes video when the paint seeps through his sleeves onto the piano. haha :)

This week, we learned the having the flu set mine and Luke's immune systems pretty far back. We've both caught everything under the sun since then. He's now on steroids for a croupy cough, and he had to get an antibiotic shot 2 days in a row at the doctor to help prevent more sicknesses and ear infections. This may not interest any of you, understandably... but I write this so that I can read back on it and remind myself that I've survived long, sick days and pretty miserable times. He knew exactly what was coming on day 2's shot, too... Poor thing. I choked up when the nurse left the room and assured Luke that I would've taken those shots for him if I could've. I know he didn't understand me, but he'll understand it when he's 25 with his own kids!

I had an appointment the other day, too. Baby is doing well! I'm at 13 weeks now. I can't think of one single complaint lately, either. I think fruit might take over our refrigerator before long. I can't seem to get enough of it lately - especially citrus. I sent Heath a sonogram picture yesterday (he's out of town), and he told me he had just bought the baby its first onesie. :)

One thing about this pregnancy..... is how little tolerance I have for other peoples' ignorances. I'm telling you, every time I log on to Facebook, I'm highly tempted to delete about the same 5 "friends". Haha. I find myself getting terribly frustrated at idiot drivers, and I had an overwhelming urge to punch the guy in Verizon when he looked at ME like I was stupid for saying that my phone was highlighting and scrolling on its own. Oh, and you know another thing that makes me mad about that place? If you walk in and they're not busy, you have to wait for them to finish texting before they'll approach you to help you. UGH! The guy helping me yesterday sent a text while he was helping me. Seriously? That's just really not professional.... like a waiter taking a smoke break when I need a refill.

Luke can always brighten my day though. :) Even on his rough days, it makes me focus on helping him and takes some of the selfishness out of me that I'd otherwise let takeover without him. It's funny how that happens. My daily routine went from watching my morning shows, taking showers until the hot water ran out, spending however long I wanted to fix my hair, etc. to watching Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse and Sesame Street, taking quick showers to save enough hot water for Luke, and fixing my hair "good enough" because he's probably about to mess it all up playing peek-a-boo with me anyway!

Some of the things he's done lately.... He'll pretend like he's going to work and tell me bye, blow me kisses, and walk out the back door and get on his 4 wheeler. He's identifying letters really good, and the cutest one he says is U because it's like "Eww." :) He thinks they're saying "Mimi" on the Wonder Pets, but it's actually Ming-Ming. He notices familiar vehicles going down the road and shouts out who's it is. When he's trying to tell you what he wants, and you interpret it right, he laughs and it sounds like Fran from the Nanny.

We are loving this warmer weather. Heath scalped the yard last weekend, and Luke was out helping in his pajamas.


Heath's ready for the day when Luke can really mow the yard and take out the trash. :)


He thinks he needs to pose for pictures now!


He's saying, "cheeeeeese". :)


His hair looked like Guy Fieri's yesterday.



Here's a sonogram picture. You can see the head, belly, and arm.


And this is the little boy we're sponsoring through World Vision. I sent Heath the last 2 pictures (of Luke and the baby), and sent him this one too... saying I had sent him pictures of all of his kids. :) His name is Soneni. Isn't he cute?


No comments:

Post a Comment