Friday, February 4, 2011

A few rough weeks!

It's been a long couple of weeks for us! I'll try to be brief to catch up..... Last week, Luke and I caught the flu, and Luke had an ear infection to go along with it. This is the very first time my little boy has been sick in his life! He took it like a champ though, really. Me, on the other hand.... Well, that's a different story. I was worthless for 2 days! Heath even did laundry (or attempted) - which is unheard of. --- Ok, let me clarify on that. I'm just one to take the responsibilities of household chores. I think his job is outside of this house, and mine is inside. If I worked outside the home, we'd share household chores. But, I'm a "housewife." I don't expect help with dishes, toilet scrubbing, and laundry. Call me "old school" if you'd like.... but I think by keeping the house up, I show him my appreciation for providing for us through his work. If you stay at home, and your husband helps around the house, I don't judge that! It's just what works for Heath and me.

So, we went through our rounds of medicine. And a week into it, Luke broke out in a rash - front to back. Knowing an allergy to penicillin was in my family, I stopped the medicine, and his fever spiked around 103 the next day (last night!). Back to the doctor we went today... to get checked out and confirm the penicillin allergy, and on to a new round of antibiotics. I'm getting time to write this blog because I'm waiting 45 more minutes to sneak Luke some more Tylenol to help keep his fever down throughout the night! This sick stuff is for the birds.

All of this, while the Mama is in her first trimester of another pregnancy! I'm 9 weeks along now.. saw a good strong heartbeat at the doctor earlier this week. Praise the Lord! With Luke, I battled nausea throughout the first trimester, I had been to the doctor 10 times by week 16, they found a growth on his brain in an ultrasound of my second trimester, I was hospitalized for a kidney infection at 6 months.... Needless to say, this pregnancy is starting out MUCH better. My only complaint is fatigue.

Oh, and we are thankful for the snow. Very thankful. We needed moisture any way we could get it.... even if it meant subzero temperatures!

Now, this is just gonna sum up where I've been lately. It's 2 Corinthians 4:16-18....
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are acheiving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

There it is. I'm just comforted knowing that I am ultimately His. I am grateful that I can look back on younger memories and take pride in the fact that my faith has grown..... no matter how well, or not so well, I end up aging!

2 comments:

  1. you are an amazing momma and wife, you know that?? thank you for including the verses... did my heart some good and it was something i needed to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Means alot coming from someone like you! And that is some good scripture, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete